Tuesday 1 May 2012

My plans for The Block Week 1

So I decided to follow up my post about the Week 1 Rooms From The Block with what I would have done if I was competing. I would have done a Sitting Room/Study/Home Cinema. Ambitious I know, but I'll show you in pictures how it would have worked. (I'm sure this would have been fairly out of the question budget wise but if Sophie and Dale can spend $6000 on their share house/second hand look dining room...........)

Also I do not own the rights to any of these photos they are images I have used from Pinterest the online photo sharing site, so citing the true owner is a bit tricky. I have included the link from the place they were "pinned" from.

Firstly I would have, like Sophie and Dale, knocked out a door to the left of the fireplace but would have taken out the original door to the hallway. This gives you a lot more room and furniture space. Though I would have put in a door in the new opening instead of leaving it open.

Main theme

This is the style I would have gone for in this real estate market. Minus the carpet though, it's a bit too busy for me, but remove the pattern and it's the perfect colour. I would probably minimize the artwork but the couch and chairs are perfect! Also love the recessed curtains just not their colour, I probably would have gone a gold or taupe! (Floor length yes!!)

Feature 1

Like most of the teams I also would have restored the fireplace, leaving the mantel in place! The furniture would sit in a similar way to this also.

Feature 2

Then against the opposite wall I would have put in high and dark shelving and depending on space would have used a separate desk like this or would have put one in the centre of the shelves. With lots of work space and a big comfy office chair it would make a traditional style home office.

Feature 3

Then to really make this room special I would have hung a hidden/drop down screen, making this a home cinema and second entertainment space. This would be over the desk/office space as it would be unneeded when the screen's in use and the couch and chairs would be used to watch from.

Feature 4

And finally the projector. Quite unsightly hanging from the roof or sitting on a big shelf, I love the idea of a hidden recessed shelf with an artwork hiding it. This would fit perfectly in the styling I'm going for and would add some value and extra use to a room some may think unnecessary.

What would you have done for this space? xxoo
Roxanne


No comments:

Post a Comment